Sunday, June 15, 2008
1: Type in "[your name] needs" in the Google search:
Marianne needs to be rescued.
2: Type in "[your name] looks like" in Google search:
Marianne looks like a very smart, friendly, 10-year-old baby.
3: Type in "[your name] does" in Google search:
Marianne does NOT agree.
4: Type in "[your name] hates" in Google search:
Marianne hates the sea, and wants to go dance in the town.
5: Type in "[your name] goes to" in Google search:
Marianne goes to the prom in a dress she made by hand, with a boy she knows well and trusts.
6: Type in "[your name] loves" in Google search:
Marianne loves knitting and spinning.
7: Type in "[your name] eats" in Google search:
Marianne eats well.
8: Type in "[your name] has" in Google search:
Marianne has a mural on a bus.
9: Type in "[your name] died" in Google Search:
The Venerable Mother Superior Marianne died at 10:50 p.m. on Friday, August 9, 1918, at the Bishop Home, Kalaupapa, Molokai; then the waiting Angels most assuredly guided her Spirit heavenward.
10: Type in "[your name] will" in Google search:
Marianne will be serving as Master of Ceremonies.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
At home: yesterday was the rainiest day in the history of Washington, DC. Ever. And last week there was an earthquake in Annandale? Whaaaat?? I mean, I know we *are* on a fault line, and earthquakes have occurred before. But still. Weird. And also, there are, apparently, sinkholes opening up all over the place too, because of all the rain.
Nationally: Tornadoes and severe weather is sweeping across America. Fires in Florida (albeit, caused by arsonists, they think).
Internationally: The earthquakes in the Sichuan province of China that have killed over 12,000, with people still buried and needing to be rescued. The cyclones in Myanmar... I'm especially torn up about Myanmar, and how the government is continuing to refuse aid-workers access to the country, and what relief *does* get in is being siphoned off for money instead of going to those who desperately need food and water. What food the government decides to give out is rotten. So many more people are going to die if these militant leaders don't open their country up for aid (pray for their hearts to change!). Their souls are at stake, and it really breaks my heart to see this tragedy still occuring. 35,000 are already dead, another 28,000 are missing, and thousands more could die of disease.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Friday, February 08, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
2. Murky Coffee: delicious caramel lattes, hot chocolate, single macchiatos, regular customers who become friends, and playful coworkers.
3. Jamie: kind, strong, supportive, trustworthy, wonderful.
4. My Ford Escape: a means to miniature, temporary escapes.
5. My parents: unconditional love and support.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Have decided that I really love Sufjan Stevens' version of "come thou fount of every blessing" (it's on the Christmas album).
In other news:
I had a really nice weekend in West Virginia with Jamie. There was lots of lazing about, watching home videos, touring the "Aids Magic Mart", and skipping around the Lost World Caverns without interference. We also saw about a million deer.
<3 - M
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
1. Who will you be with Saturday night?
probably Jamie, maybe other people too.
2. What woke you up this morning?
unofficially: Oliver meowing. officially: my phone’s alarm
4. Is tomorrow going to be a good night?
well... I hope so.
5. Did you kiss or hug anyone today?
so far, Janet and Allie
6. Who was the last person you rode in a car with?
7. How many myspace accounts do you have?
Only one. C’mon. I’m not a stalker, people.
8. What was your first thought this morning?
”But I don’t WANT to move to
9. Do or did you like school?
10. Would you take a bullet for anyone?
would it be fatal?
11. Where would you like to live?
12. Do long distance relationships work?
Not for me.
13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
an artist, a business owner, an Olympian, a translator…
15. Who is your number one on myspace?
16. Who do you wish you were with right now?
17. Who was the last person that left you a comment?
18. How often do you log in to myspace?
Usually once, maybe twice a day.
19. Would you rather talk on the phone or chat in IM?:
usually IM because phones can have those weird silences, but it depends who I’m talking to.
20. How many car accidents have you been in?
One semi-major, and a couple of fender-benders
21. Do you listen to music every day?:
22. Do you still go trick or treating?
no, but I like Halloween parties.
23. What was the last thing you ate?
a rice krispies treat
24. Are you a fast typer?
pretty fast, yes.
25. How many speeding tickets do you have?
Several. Three or four maybe? That’s not *terrible* for 11 years on the road, right? :\
26. What are you doing tonight?
laundry, job searching, and sleeping
27. If you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do?
sleep, play with the cat, shop, play online
28. Is anything bothering you?
29. Do you miss someone?
everyone tends to miss *someone*
30. What do you want to do right now?
take a hot bath and pay someone to do my laundry for me
31. Are you listening to music right now?
32. Are you in a good mood?
33. What are you doing this weekend?
working, sleeping, hanging out with friends, eating. Nothing spectacular, I think.
34. Are you talking to anyone while doing this?
35. When were you the saddest in your life?
A few situations come to mind; each involving a man.
36. Do you own more than one cell phone?
no, I don’t need another one
37. Do you use EBay to buy or sell?
38. What makes you angry?
people who hurt me or the ones I love, and people who don’t use their turn signals when they drive.
39. Have you ever had a song written about you?
I don’t think so!
40. Have you ever sang in public?
41. What songs make you happy?
Genuinely HAPPY? California Stars, (Billy Bragg & Wilco), All You Need is Love (Beatles), Don’t Worry Baby (Beach Boys), Under Pressure (David Bowie/Freddy Mercury), Fresh Feeling (eels)… there are others, that’s just what comes to mind.
42. What do you like to listen to before you go to bed?
nothing, really. Sometimes music, I guess.
43. Do you have a job?
yes, and I’m looking for another one!
44. What does your ipod have in it right now?
Um, like…. 4,000 songs or something. Do you want those alphabetically, or what?
45. How many close friends do you have?
Probably around 5 that I confide everything to.
46. What makes you happy?
travel, new experiences, being with loved ones, finding beautiful things, dressing up
47. One wish?
more control over my emotions, or at least giving them up to God more.
48. Have you ever loved someone and were too scared to tell them?
49. Next concert?
50. Name one song that explains your current life.