Thursday, May 11, 2006

Closer to death

First off, I just saw 'Closer', and despite it being an incredibly depressing movie, about love gone rotten, people hurting and despising each other, there was something so... honest about it. It was really truthful about men and women, at least in most of the experiences I've had. But admittedly, I've never had such crazy ecxperiences ^_^

It DID reinforce the fact that I want to move to London someday for their fabulous design scene. Right after I go to New York! (and, btw, I AM SO STOKED ABOUT LONDON!! Only one more week to wait... :):):):) I haven't gotten to go back for 3 years. That's too long).

Second: tonight my dad and I took my mom out to dinner to celebrate mother's day. She's going to London on Saturday, a week before the two of us, with some friends, so we had to do it tonight. We took her to Cafe Tahi (a fabulous, tiny, whole in the wall in McLean, which serves European cuisine and is totally delish). So, long story short, there was this woman who almost DIED! We'd just started giving my mom a few tiny gifts and cards, when an elderly woman stands up and frantically yells:

"Somebody call 911!!! She can't breath, SHE CAN'T BREATH! Call 911!!"

And we look over, and this woman had collapsed on the floor, choking to death and unconcious.

Eventually she started breathing again, and the EMTs and Firemen came, and everything was ok. In the end she ended up being fine, and it was pretty funny when, two minutes after nearly dying, she sat up and finised her fillet mignon. But hey, as my dad said, "well, the steak here IS good!"

No comments: