Sunday, June 11, 2006

gimme!

The obsession at Murky, of late, has been bikes. We talked about them for quite a while yesterday. BMX, Hutch... whatever. I really know nothing about bikes. But I *do* know that a bike "gang" is being formed, and I need a bike, asap!!

This is actually something I've known for a long time. It'd be especially helpful in saving gas and getting exercise - I'd ride to both school and Murky - give me a month, and it will have paid for itself int he gas I'd save! I actually almost bought a bike about a year ago, for that reason, but ended up spending the money elsewhere. This time, however, I'm for serious. I really want one.

The biggest problem is finding one I love. My pickiness started as a kid...
First was the Smurf big wheel:

Then came my white and purple bike with streamers and a basket. Next I inherited my brother's rad litte BMX bike (both are in this picture):

After that I didn't have another bike until the 'Pink Lady', in Japan (far and away my favorite bike ever):


And now I'm on the lookout for the bike that I can love as much as I did Pink Lady... and yes. I think I *do* want a basket on the front... ^_^

Looking through those pictures of me as a kid to find the bike pictures was really fun. I've got a few that I'll stick on my flickr account in the next day or two (linked on the right-hand side of this page), if you care to see them. One thing I noticed from them was that about 40% of them are either of Marianne Eating or Marianne With an Animal. It's pretty funny. That would be the 'nature' side of me, not so much the 'nurture' ;)

2 comments:

timoni said...

That's hilarious! Alex is going to buy a bike really soon but he's all about function...I'm more of a girly-cruiser-bike lover, if ya know what i mean. :) Can't wait to see what you get!

Marianne said...

I know, right? The girly-cruiser-bike is definately the way to go!