Monday, July 03, 2006

And it floods... again.

I have to say that I'm not complaining, because I seriously love big storms (although I'll admit to being pretty terrified that day a week or two ago when we had the freak electrical storm. S-C-A-R-Y (but cool)!!

Anyhow. Today there was more storming! Garth and I got totally soaked coming out of AMC Hoffman after 'Devil Wears Prada', and then there was this blackout that lasted for hours (and was actually still going on, the last time we talked... which was about 45 minutes ago). Anyhow, it was a great evening. We played cards in the dying light of the evening, and actually enjoyed going to McDonald's for dinner at 10pm. It was nice :)

Anyhow. It has been raining so hard lately!! But, because pictures speak louder than words, here you are:
1. The Masonic Temple from Garth's sunroom on a bright, sunny day.
2. The masonic temple from Garth's sunroom in the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. My electicity of late has been a little like riding a Log Flume. Long periods of "Ah. This is nice. I could get used to this," with intermitent periods of "AHhhh! WHAT THE HELL???"

I think your before/after style photos really appropriately capture the difference.

~ & ~

Marianne said...

Yeah, I felt like it was a better descriptor than me saying "hey, everyone, it rained really hard!!"

And for everyone who didn't scroll down, there's also that picture of the flood from last week, when we were stuck in the deluge on Russel Road. Yowza!!