Thursday, February 09, 2006

Most importantly (followed by subtexts A and B)

Well, for the second time in 2 months I have a new computer. In my effort to remain eternally clumsy, I tripped on a rug while carying my Christmas-laptop to it's carrying case, and dropped it, square on its corner, on our hardwood floor.

Hands flew to my temples, a terrified cry escaped from my lips, and I dropped to my knees while frightfully gathering it up. The frame of my BEAUTIFUL, SEXXXY, NEW laptop had a little crack, and the corner was dented. The CD drive had popped open. I shut the drive, turned the computer on, and all seemed to be ok. Shaken, and very, very upset, I felt a little relief, but then noticed that the monitor's body had popped out of it's joints... er... frame... something like that. But the internet still worked...

Anyways, it turns out that the CD drive had totally broken, and although the top would shut, the latch had to be operated manually now, and there was most likely some horrendous internal damage (it fell HARD) that wouldn't show up until 6 months from now, at which point it'd probably crash completely. Besides, I couldn't have a computer with no DVD/CD drive, and that latch was totally annoying.

So tonight Garth and I went to Circuit city, where they exchanged my new Toshiba for a newer HP. They've got basically the same specs, except the HP is a little smaller in perimeter than the Toshiba was. Oh. My old model was discontinued, so they had to give me a new one. So. Yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your laptop! I have dreams of doing that with mine. Bad dreams, that is. Hey, thought you'd want to know that Lucky Magazine has a spread on where to shop in Japan in this month, the one with Brittany Murphy on the cover.

Kirsten