Monday, August 29, 2005

As said in an earlier phone conversation:

"I have spent the past 2 hours being 5 years old."

The story:
I got locked out of the house for 2 hours this afternoon. It was at once odd, fun, annoying, boring, productive, and frustrating.

I sketched a dead cicada.
I weeded a section of plants we have in our front yard.
I discovered that the guinea pig I buried under our cherry tree last winter did, indeed, get dug up and eaten by some ravenous creature.
I played with my bunny rabbit.
I watched ants be busy.
I got bitten by a myriad of tiny, buzzing mosquitoes.
I cleaned out my car. Sort of.
I talked to a friend I haven't heard from in a year on my cell.
I watched OTHER ants carry off a fat, green, dead caterpillar.
I sat on my front stairs, with my head in my hands, waiting.

No comments: