Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Willoughby of the tri-corners

Man, I don't think I've actually written much about me/my goings-ons on this thing in forever. It's mostly just pictures...

My birthday weekend was a rave sucess, and full of excitement. On Friday Garth and I went on the Alexandria Ghost Walk, which was totally great. We got caught in a rainstorm in this old church's graveyard, and stood under an awning listening to thunder and watching the lightning, and then walked back to the car. It was nice.

Plus, we asked our guide (who was wearing a tri-corner hat) about different guides, and if it'd be different if we came a second time, and the guy who's real name was something perfectly old-fashioned like "Willoughby" (it wasn't willoughby, but it DID begin with a W) gave us a "preferred customer" card, so next time we go we can have 1/2 off!

Saturday morning I went to the Arlington Civitans' Yard Sale/Flea Market. It was fun. I got some good stuff for pretty cheap... And I had ALLLLL DAY off of work, because I'd found someone to cover for me, so I just frittered away my time, and it was wonderful.

The party Saturday night was great!! It was this incredibly eclectic mix of my friends from different places (school, church, Bible Study... Garth (I don't know where you fit, so you get your own category), but despite my anxiety over it, everyone got on like water and fish, and we had lots of fun!

Sunday was good... and Monday... and yesterday... today is off to a good start too... Yep!

1 comment:

timoni said...

1/2 price off your next visit? Does this include friiiiiiiiiiiiiends? (Hint hint)