Sunday, August 28, 2005

Minsunderstandings

Don't you just hate how the smallest misunderstanding can completely ruin a whole day? A few weeks ago one of my bset friends in the world and I had a misunderstanding that totally got blown out of proportion and left me (and probably her) with a day's worth of sour-taste-in-my-mouth. It all got cleared up after a talk, but still...

And last night there was a stupid misunderstanding too, which almost ruined my whole evening. Very thankfully it all got cleared up before disaster struck, but man... I was so upset...

The worst part, I think, is that these misunderstandings seem to be focused around me, and something I've done wrong, taken how it shouldn't be taken, or said very badly.

I need to start being more careful and deliberate when it comes to talking about anything and everything. AHHH!



On a more cheerful note, I am about to go organize all of my things and move my desk to a new position in my room, because I start back at grad school on Tuesday!

Also, I bought an Elfa drawer unit last night with the last of my Container Store discount - something I've been wanting to do since I begand working there - for $38!!! They're usually closer to $100, but the frame was a return or display or something, so it was marked waaaaaay down, and employees get 50% off of Elfa anyways, so... man, I was stoked. It's going next to my desk!

Also, Garth gave me the greatest fabric in the world. Go look at my Flickr account to see it. It's covered in Kiwis (the bird, not the fruit)!!

2 comments:

timoni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
timoni said...

Okay, I was going to just edit my post, but it disappeared. Anyway: misunderstandings do suck, but it's better to have a misunderstanding than a NOT a misunderstanding, where it's clear you've heard/understood them and yes, things suck.

Right?

Anyway, I think being thoughtful and concise in what you say is a skill that comes with age. We're doing a lot better now than in middle school, right?

BTW I am jealous of your Elfa swag. HOTT.

Okay, I'm out. :)