Tuesday, January 17, 2006

SkooL iz Gr8T!

Over my month-long hiatus from school, I'd like to think that I accomplished a wide variety of wonderful things. In fact, I accomplished only a smattering of things, most of which had nothing to do with the "to do" items on my vacation list. I still, however, look back on what i did as being good.

- I got to visit with musch-missed friends, like miss Malloy, Todd, Scott, Gabe, and Baghdadian Ginny.
- I cleaned out/cleaned up my bedroom and my sewing/crafts room.
- I spent lots (AND LOTS) of time at Murky Coffee pusuing things I love, like collage and jewelry-making.
- I saved 4 african elephants from death, relocated jaguars, and built zoo exhibits for various abused animals (including red kangaroos, Bison, Tapirs, Lions, Zebras, and Penguins!).
- I created lots of adorable softies.
- I "painted my own pottery" (I'll have images up as soon as I get them back)
- I visited my brother and Valeria for a weekend in Boston.
- I made several trips to the Smithsonian and the National Mall.
- I discovered the wonders of Scrubs (I LOVE THIS SHOW! LOVELOVELOVE!) and Resident Evil 4.
- I got lots of fabulous new clothing.
- I got a new LAPTOP!!!
- I successfuly used Resin in my crafts.
- I downloaded music from various musi blogs.
- Garth received a turtle from me (that was great!)
- I read Watership Down...

There's more stuff, but I feel like the list is long enough. Anyway. The break was fabulous, despite getting an enormously expensive parking ticket and not finishing my mannequin painting that I started 8 months ago (AUG!).

However, it is time for school to begin. I love to learn, and I think I'm really ready for this semester. I had a great time in class this morning, plus my schedule this semester allows for a few afternoons at Murky each week, and 3 nights off to spend time with my friends. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: