Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 (I'm doing this out of obligation).

First, I just wanted this to be seen, because it's interesting. I hear so many arguments for total speration of church and state, which IS constitutional, but as for our Christian heritage... -

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever."
~ Thomas Jefferson, inscribed in the Jefferson Memorial.


And now, on with the blog. Highlights of my year were...

1. Finishing a fourth semester of grad school.
2.My 2 weeks in Italy.
3. A summer "off" - aside from work and school, I spent the better half of my summer scribbling drawings in journals and pasting collages together with friends at the coffee shop.
3. Meeting Garth (of course).
4. The purchases of a new digicam, a new laptop, and the acquisition of a new sewing machine.
5. Yardsales and Thrift stores.
6. My internship at CORE.
7. Participation in various websites (flickr, a new blog, myspace, etsy), although I still ache for my own little corner on the web.
8. A visit from Mutsumi! (granted that was late Dec 2004, but it feels like this past year)
9. Discovery of softie-making, resin, sewing, wallpaper crafts, ectc!
10. My brother & Kendra breaking up, and his ending up with FABulous Valeria.
11. The development of a passion for architecture.
12. Trip to Louisiana mere days after Katrina.
13. Various trips to New York City (yaaaayyyy.)
14. 4th row Sigur Ros in Philly.
15. A healthy appreciation for the beauty of clouds in the sky.

Difficult parts of my year were...

1. Finishing a fourth semester in grad school!
2. Friends moving away (Drea, Ginny, & Finity, to name a few)
3. A certain "male" who treated me like I was "worthless", and who I had to "get over". And really you can read that sentece without those "s...

Yes! This was my 2005, in a nutshell. I'll post some memorable photos now, for your viewing pleasure, and because I'm still convinced that a post from me sans photos is less than a post should be ^_^




No comments: