Thursday, March 30, 2006

Finally.


Mannequin 4, or Elizabeth
Originally uploaded by domo_arigato.
Elizabeth is FINISHED!

She's #4 in my mannequin series, a comment on the fleetingness of worldly beauty; how it fails to make you happy; and the unrealistic expectations put on women to beautify themselves (which is why I paint mannequins, not real people. Because no one can live up to it).

It's taken me 8 months to finish painting this one, purely out of a lack of time, not because I've been working very hard on it... but it's good, and it's done, and I've already got people fighting over who gets it!!

:::and she let out a happy sigh:::

Now. To save up and buy my next canvas! I already have the subject photographed and ready to paint (actually, I have the next 4 subjects picked out)!

No comments: