Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Japanese Build Elderly Robotica

I got a pictoral heads up about this from Kiki.

What in the world will they think of next, I ask you!!
  • Elderly companionship!
  • 2 comments:

    timoni said...

    Haven't the Japanese heard of dogs? I ask you.

    Actually, that reminds me of this bit on the DVD extras for "Spirited Away" where Miyazaki is telling his [twenty-something] animators that he wants the dragon to move kind of like a dog, and he says, "You know, like a dog?" and they're all like, "Um...no?" and he says, "Didn't you have a dog when you were a kid?" and they all shake their heads no. I guess this is what happens when you live on a tiny widdle island. No room for dogs.

    Anonymous said...

    Oh, my gosh! I had no idea that's what the pic went to! I found it on a "caption this" entry on a celebrity trash blog. That's funny...and scary. It says the robot will be able to smell--How can a robot smell???

    k