Thursday, December 01, 2005

Stumble don't fall

I fell upon some drawings I did in highschool and college when looking for a few charcoal nudes I'd drawn. Here are a few.

1. McGee, all snuggled in her basket. I drew this, pointilism style, in spring of 1998. I lost the photo, so I never got to finish it.


2. Our Dining Room table in pointilism. This one I DID finish because I was drawing it from life (it took forEVAH).


3. Another from Spring of 1998. This was my tennis coach's doggie. She was so-so-sooooo cute and friendly. But she had to wear this muzzle thing at matches (this is probably one of my best drawings from highschool).


4. A self-portrait of me as a kid. I *think* this is from a project I did around January 1998.


5. The tower of London. This was from May of 1999 on one of our yearly Brit-Trips. I got started early sketching architecture!


6. Probably my favorite sketch from my whole semester of Life Drawing in Spring 2000. I love the soft lines and the way the background bleeds into the figure.


Anyway. There are a gazillion more. I just thought it was interesting to see what I was doing in highschool. The humble beginnings of an artist...

No comments: