Thursday, July 21, 2005


This is a revised (and in-color!) Skylar. She is a colorless doll, living in a colorless world (except, apparently, for her skin tone...), and she has just decided to leave the dreary city of her captured existence. This shows her first experience with color. ... While I was sketching this at cg today, someone asked me: "so... how much propaganda is hidden in this great little picture?", to which I cunningly (and evasively) reply: Decide for yourself :) Also: This is only a portion of the picture. Once I get the whole thing uploaded I'll post that instead! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

! ! !




~ ! ~

Marianne said...

Thanks!

My favorite part is the doll she's holding in her hand, with it's balding head. Also - COLLECT THEM ALL!

timoni said...

I love her. Is this going to be a series? That would be awesome.

Marianne said...

I'm not entirely sure. I would certainly *like* to make her a series, but I'll just have to wait for more inspiration in between my paintings, various collages, and dreaming up other characters!