Monday, July 11, 2005

Wicked-Crazy Perks

I am currently drinking Cheerwine (provided generously by Southern-Traveling-Drea) as I Pretend to Look for Rabbit Cages Online While Actually Writing in my Blog. Cheerwine has some sort of promotion going on right now where you can win up to $1000 by entering the code on your cap into their website. Who would pass up such an offer? I ask you. WHO??

Not me. I have quickly given them my very personal information in order to register on the site (can you believe that as a phone number the computer actually accepted 123-456-7890?? You'd think that with all of the fancy programs out there they'd be able to guard against hoodlums like myself taking advantage of their good nature... But alas. They cannot).

So what incredible prize did I receive for my code (which was, by the way, K4F3-R6W3-F011)?? I got 10 points. TEN POINTS! Hoorah!! Now, I'm about to go see what 10 points gets me...

...

Sweet sassy molassy! I am already a whopping 1/30th of my way towards getting a license plate that proclaims I am a "Cheerwine fanatic". FINALLY! I can have PROOF!...

I am ALSO:

1/30th of the way to...
- a deck of Cheerwine playing cards that "slide easily when shuffled"
- a Cheerwine 3-ring binder
- a Cheerwine calculator (complete with Protective LCD cover!)
- a nostalgic 1917 Cheerwine tv tray (shouldn't I be the one to decide if something is nostalgic to me?). In it's defense, it *does* come with 4 coasters...

1/50th of the way to...

- my very own Cheerwine apron, which, they tell me, is "the perfect protection for those embarrassing CW spills."

1/300th of the way to...
- an analog Cheerwine Swiss Army watch. Color: caramel.

1/500th of the way to...
- a Cheerwine patio umbrella. (However: I'd only feel okay about using this if I was outside watching Nascar on my portable tv while drinking a beer. Seeing as I don't have a portable tv, a good lawnchair, AND I don't like beer, I am, it seems, out of luck).

OR, if my name was "Chris Lord", I would go straight for the golf section, and be saving up for my 1000 point rain umbrella, my 7000 point golf bag, and my 1200 point 12-golf ball set.

I, however, have focused on the license plate. At this rate it will take me roughly 29 more cheerwines to get to where I want to be. Drea, keep 'em coming!!

No comments: